CIM in the Public Sector
Many public sector organisations have a statutory duty to be prepared for and to respond to emergencies. No one can fully prevent incidents from happening but with a well-structured management system in place you can fulfil this obligation during both daily operations and emergency events.
CIM is Europe’s leading software for incident and emergency management professionals and provides a comprehensive platform to plan for, manage and review incidents and emergencies in a structured and user-friendly environment.
The public sector as a whole spends millions each year ensuring that it is ready to respond to anything that strikes. CIM gives you the tools you need to create and maintain a preparedness framework that’s accessible wherever you are, whenever you need it:
- Embed plans and checklists for different roles and incident types- daily use as well as emergency management
- Set plan owners and create reminders for when they need updating
- Create duty rosters for on-call personnel, which integrate with the notification tool
- Regulate who is qualified to hold key response positions
Information management is key to an efficient response process and in today’s interconnected world, having the facts at your fingertips informs decision critical making. CIM can be configured to match the flow of information through your organisation and ensure that key information is not missed when you need it most. Our clients use CIM to:
- Log day to day and critical events, keeping track of what’s impacting your business
- Notify your team using email, SMS, voice and push notifications
- Keep a full, chronological log of incident information in real-time
- Access your checklist on all your devices and assign tasks
- Handle casualties and next-of-kin enquiries
- Conduct and record crisis team meetings
- Manage the media
Do you have a clear and complete record of information you received, decisions you made and actions you took during the time that your team was mobilised? Increasing regulation, accountability and litigation means that it is more important than ever to use the information you gather during an incident. CIM customers can:
- Retrieve a time-stamped, incorruptible record of every interaction they have during a response
- Search for specific cases
- Filter between certain types and categories of information
- Review the response on a timeline and recommend improvements
- Compile and distribute customisable reporting templates (e.g. HAZMAT/IMARCH)
Secure Access - Whenever and Wherever
Crises often hit when we least expect it, therefore it is important that any tools we use are accessible and secure, 24/7. CIM can be accessed from any internet enabled device, including smart phones and tablets, for which we also provide a mobile app for easy authentication. As a software provider for local and national government, energy, aviation and critical national infrastructure, One Voice operates strict internal and external quality and security policies.
Working with Local Authorities through to Central Government
CIM is used across the world by standalone authorities, as well as multiple interconnected agencies looking to standardise ways of working. Customers can choose the modules that suit their organisation and the objectives they are looking to achieve, allowing you to build your own preparedness framework within the tool.
In cooperation with the Norwegian Government, One Voice has helped create CIM Connected, a truly unique concept which links all category 1 and 2 responders in Norway through the use of a common software tool. CIM Connected is a seamless network of solutions, stretching from small, local municipalities right up the core of central government. Neighbouring municipalities can establish a shared log and compile reports that are fed up the chain into those responsible at a national level:
- Local and regional departments can collaborate during incident response using CIM Connected
- No issue with people moving departments
- Faster mobilisation of mutual aid
- Statutory reporting of incident activity- months down to hours
- Hospitals, airports, prisons, infrastructure and private companies
- Single solution for protecting critical national infrastructure
Daily Use- 24/7 Visibility
Our customers use CIM for almost any incident that impacts the authority, from minor road collisions, to social and environmental issues, right up to issues involving fatalities. The key point here is that when critical emergencies happen, your teams can respond with confidence using a tool that is familiar and well-tested.