CIM in the Aviation Industry
In the aviation industry, when the unexpected happens it’s often too late to make plans there and then. No one can fully prevent incidents from happening but with a well structured management system in place you can limit the damage, take care of those involved and ultimately reduce the impact on your business, during both daily operations and emergency events.
CIM is Europe’s leading software for incident and emergency management professionals and provides a comprehensive platform to plan for, manage and review incidents and emergencies in a structured and user-friendly environment.
Companies operating in aviation spend millions each year ensuring that they are ready to respond to anything that hits them. CIM gives you the tools you need to create and maintain a preparedness framework that’s accessible wherever you are, whenever you need it:
- Embed plans and checklists for different roles and incident types- daily use as well as emergency management
- Set plan owners and create reminders for when they need updating
- Create duty rosters for on-call personnel
- Regulate who is qualified to hold key response positions
Information management is key to an efficient response process and in today’s interconnected world, having the facts at your fingertips informs decision critical making. CIM can be configured to match the flow of information through your organisation and ensure that key information is not missed when you need it most. Our clients use CIM to:
- Log day to day and more serious events, keeping track of what’s impacting your business
- Notify your team using email, SMS, voice and push notifications
- Keep a full, chronological log of incident information in real-time
- Access your checklist on all your devices and assign tasks
- Handle casualties and next-of-kin enquiries
- Conduct and record crisis team meetings
- Manage the media
Do you have a clear and complete record of information you received, decisions you made and actions you took during the time that your team was mobilised? Increasing regulation, accountability and litigation means that it is more important than ever to use the information you gather during an incident. CIM customers can:
- Retrieve a time-stamped, incorruptible record of every interaction they have during a response
- Search for specific cases
- Filter between certain types and categories of information
- Review the response on a timeline and recommend improvements
- Compile and distribute customisable reporting templates (e.g. HAZMAT)
Secure Access - Whenever and Wherever
Crises often hit when we least expect it, therefore it is important that any tools we use are accessible and secure, 24/7. CIM can be accessed from any internet enabled device, including smart phones and tablets, for which we also provide a mobile app for easy authentication. As a software provider for local and national government, energy, aviation and critical national infrastructure, One Voice operates strict internal and external quality and security policies.
Daily Operational Use
Our customers in the aviation industry have helped us to adapt CIM over time into a truly operational tool that has become a part of daily life. For our airline customers, this means recording minor events such as delays, diversions and cancellations, as well as aircraft maintenance or business continuity events. Our airport customers see CIM as an integral part of their control centre operation, logging and monitoring a whole host of events happening around the facility.
- Keep a full record of minor incident information which could be vital further down the line
- Report on trends across multiple incident types
- Use checklists and SOPs during daily operations
- Adopt a tool that’s familiar and easily scalable into ‘crisis management mode’
CIM has been specially designed to be used by businesses that own or operate more than one airport. All airports in a particular group can work using the same solution, without interfering with each other’s operation unless required. This gives senior management a birds-eye view of the whole business at a glance. Read our Avinor case study here.
Scalable solutions for the biggest to the smallest
As well as working with international airports and some of the largest carriers in the world, CIM is also used by organisations that accept significant risk as part of their business, but do not need all the bells and whistles from their incident management tool. Get in touch with us today to see how we can help you reduce your exposure to that risk.
Johan Lindstrøm, Avinor:
|"One overall goal for me has been that every function a user performs within CIM requires a maximum of three clicks- we’ve pretty much got there now, which makes it even easier for our teams to use”.||"We’ve set it up so that each view upon login is specific to your role and the user only sees what they need to see. An external partner, such as a local government department, might only be able to add information to the log and cannot actually view anything else".|