CIM in Different Industries
Since its beginnings in the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, CIM has been implemented in over 700 organisations across a wide variety of industries, demonstrating its inherent flexibility and commitment to the core principles of incident and crisis management. Today, the system is used in energy production, offshore engineering, aviation, food production and transport but to name a few. Our clients include blue chip organisations such as Total, Vattenfall and Siemens but can also be adapted for small local authorities or manufacturing companies.
Over time, feedback from our clients has shaped the way in which the system looks, feels and operates today and as our presence has grown in certain key sectors, CIM has been enhanced with a number of modules designed specifically for teams in those industries. Subsequently, sector-specific versions of the tool have become increasingly popular with new clients, who are able to benefit from our years of experience in supporting organisations facing the same issues as them. The modular structure of the system also allows them to add new modules with ease as their business processes demand.
Oil & Gas
As the largest provider of emergency management solutions to the North Sea market, CIM supports many of the world’s leading Oil & Gas companies. We recognise the challenges that the industry faces and have developed a number of bespoke solutions, which together provide a comprehensive management platform for preparing for, responding to and reviewing emergencies. CIM’s Oil & Gas clients are able to take advantage of:
- Advanced duty roster functionality, from single team to multi-regional teams
- POB and casualty management tools, including integration with DaWinci and other personnel management systems
- A complete next-of-kin and reception centre management platform
- A qualifications module for ensuring that only those with the correct training can be included in the response team
- A tablet friendly interface allowing offshore workers to alert emergency teams at the touch of a button
CIM is used widely by the energy industry, which faces increasing risk and regulation alongside a challenge to plan, develop and execute new ways of producing energy. As well as industry leading incident management functionality, our energy customers have extended their use of CIM to include:
- Lone worker SmartHelp™ functionality
- Risk and vulnerability analysis tools
- Quality assurance
- Custom report-building module, providing consistency of post-event review
Following a number of recent high-profile events, emergency and crisis management is at the forefront of both the airport and airline industries. The rapid spread of information following an incident makes it imperative that companies are able to stay up to speed with this and CIM supports airlines and airports of a variety of sizes with structuring and managing this information flow. We have worked with our clients to develop unique solutions to these challenges, including:
- Integration with flight manifest systems for managing casualties and next-of-kin
- A multi-airport solution, providing an integrated overview of all activity across the group
- A module for handling and following up calls from customers
- SmartHelp™ functionality for locating and tracking the status of travelling crew
The original version of CIM was created specifically for the public sector and One Voice now supports virtually the entire Norwegian Government, through the ‘National Crisis Management System’. Our experience in working with both central and local government has allowed us to develop tools that promote and facilitate a efficient and collaborative way of managing an incident affecting your constituents. Our public sector clients benefit from:
- Reception centre management module
- ‘Shared log’ allowing two CIM installations to share information with each other (e.g. two neighbouring districts)
- Duty roster for managing on-call teams
- Basic log for recording and following up on small scale issues
We work with customers in shipping, cruise lines, rail and other parts of the transport industry. As well as using our leading standard set of modules, we have worked with the industry to develop separate modules for call centres, integration with passenger lists and tools for handling next-of kin. These specific solutions were developed in cooperation with organisations such as NSB and Color Line, amongst others.
Increased scrutiny from regulators and an almost worldwide terror threat has meant that it’s never been more important for organisations operating in the financial services industry to be prepared to respond. Traditionally a role held by the Business Continuity Manager, more and more companies are creating specialist crisis management divisions and investing in both preparation and response aids. CIM is used by a number of large banks, who take advantage of:
- SmartHelp™ functionality for locating and tracking the status of staff following an incident
- Integration with HR management software
- A full audit trail of every decision made, action taken and piece of information received
CIM’s flexibility has allowed us to implement the solution across numerous other industries, each of which appreciate its commitment to the core principles of incident and crisis management. Our consultants have decades of experience in supporting some of the world’s largest companies and regardless of the crisis management challenges you face, CIM can provide a solution. Book a demo today and learn what makes CIM the sector’s most comprehensive solution.